First off, the people at Federal Wine & Spirits in downtown Boston across from the Old State House are amazing. Tom and Len totally hooked me up with a mixed case of spectacular wine to take with me to Tajikistan. I told them the rough contours of what I wanted to take, and they found the perfect exemplars of each wine at the price point I wanted. Here’s the choices:
- Verget Chablis Vaillon 2002
- Novacella Gewurztraminer 2006
- Kreydenweiss Riesling 2006
- Lesec Cote du Rhone Villages Rubis 2005
- Grand Nicolet Rasteau 2006
- Chateau Camensac 2002
- Edmeades Zinfandel 2007
- Burgess Napa Cabernet 2004
- Castello di Volpaia Riserva 2004
- Sabato Malbec 2004
- Vina Rufina Alta Gama Reserva 2001
- Errazuriz Single Vineyard Cabernet 2007
Wow, what a list. Everything from a classified growth Bordeaux and a primer cru Chablis to a Mendocino zin to a northern Italian gewurz to a single vineyard cab grown in the shadow of the Andes — this group has everything. Federal Wine packed them all in a wine shipping box specially made in Alsace (and did I mention I have a terrific looking white from there too?), and with that, I should be good to go bringing some of the wino good life to Dushanbe.
Needless to say, I love this. Also, a huge thanks to Seth to picking up the case for me today and for tasting with me last night. Good times.